Summary of Post
- 1 Step 1 : Creating TAX INVOICE Voucher Type
- 2 Activate GST in tally erp 9
- 3 Creating ledgers required for gst sale voucher
- 4 Create stock item
- 5 Enter sales Voucher with tax GST
- 6 Print the sales voucher as tax Invoice or GST Invoice
- 7 Multi tax invoice in tally erp 9?
- 8 Enter sales voucher for GST sale multi tax slab invoice
GST has implemented in India ,Earlier we were preparing tax invoices with VAT, Excise and Service taxes. Now we are under a single GST tax regime all over India. In this tutorial we will learn how to prepare gst tax invoices for goods and services WITH A SINGLE TAX AND MULTIPLE TAX SLAB in a single Invoices with GST compliance.
By printing an invoice in Tally ERP 9 gives you a default title ‘Invoice’. You may want to print an invoice titled Tax Invoice to comply GST Rules. We will discuss how print an invoice with desired title.Unlike VAT there are two types of Invoices in GST; They are,
- GST Tax Invoice: GST invoices issued by a registered dealer to the customer at the time of removal of goods in case there is a movement of goods or making it available to the customer in case of service.
- Bill of Supply : Bill of supply also issued by a registered GST Dealer when the goods sold should be exempted by GST law or the Taxable person registered under composition scheme.
Here I am just illustration How to print a GST Tax bill titled ‘Tax Invoice‘.
Recommend Read : What is tax Invoice?
Lets take the following two example Sales transaction with GST for printing a TAX invoice
- On 01-02-2018 ABC Ltd sold 10 PCS DVD Player @ 3500 to National Electronics to a registered dealer.GST applicable is 18% .Prepare a TAX Invoice.
Step 1 : Creating TAX INVOICE Voucher Type
Lets create a new voucher type for recording & printing of a GST tax invoice.
Go to : Gateway of Tally>Accounts Info> Voucher type>Create
In the voucher type creation screen do as instructed below.
Name: Give a name of your wish that everybody can understand while selecting voucher type during voucher entry . Let’s name it ‘GST Invoice’.
Select type of voucher: Sales
Print After saving: Yes this will help you to print immediately after saving a voucher.
Default title to print on Invoice: Here type the name of title to be printed on the Header of Invoice. Lets Print “TAX INVOICE”. Type tax invoice.
Set/alter declaration : You can alter default the declaration if required.
Save and accept the screen by pressing enter key or shot cut key Ctrl+A .
To enter sales voucher of the above example we need the following
Activate GST in tally erp 9
Gateway of Tally>F11 Features >F3:Statutory & Taxation
Enable Goods and Service Tax ( GST) : Yes
Set alter GST details : Yes
A new screen will displayed ,enter GST details like,GSTIN/UIN etc.
Here you can set GST rate & HSN code also. A detailed post on setting up gst rate and HSN code is here.
Learn More about how to activate GST
Creating ledgers required for gst sale voucher
- Sale ledger ,lets create a local sale ledger for GST
- Party ledger National Electronics, Make sure that you have entered the right state, address, GSTIN of customer.
- GST TAX Ledger, For local sale SGST & CGST.For Interstate sale IGST refer below posts for creating Ledgers & stock items.
- Create Stock item for GST
- Learn more: How to create ledger in Tally
Create the above stock items and ledgers.
Create stock item
Gateway of Tally> Inventory Info>Stock Item> Create
In the stock item creation screen enable the following options.
GST Applicable: Applicable
set/alter GST Details: Yes & Set tax rate 18 % save.
Note: You can set stock item at various levels of tally erp 9, For example ,Company level, Ledger group level, ledger level ,Stock item level,transaction level etc. Learn more click here.
Press enter and accept all screens.
- Learn more How to create stock item
Enter sales Voucher with tax GST
Go to Gateway of Tally> Accounting Vouchers> F8 sales
Tally will ask which voucher type to be used in this sale entry. We have already created a voucher type for GST transaction.
Enter the transactions as shown in the below image.
Press enter and save to accept the screen.
Print the sales voucher as tax Invoice or GST Invoice
When you accepting the sales voucher tally will automatically display the printing configuration screen with Question Print or Not. If you left without printing and saved the voucher then; Access the voucher in alteration mode, or just press pageUp button immediately after saving the sales voucher.now click print button or use short cut key Alt+P. Make necessary changes in the configuration screen.
You can select number of copies & the printers to be sent for printing from this screen. As per GST rules 3 copies of invoice shall be taken in case you are selling goods with transportation. Original for buyer,Duplicate for transporter and triplicate for retaining at seller premises. In case of service invoice duplicate shall be prepared for service receiver and service provider.
Click on Yes,The Invoice will be printed as mentioned in the voucher type we have created above.
This is what we can do with Tally ERP 9 Default Invoice format to comply with GST. If you want more customised solution you can approach a tally partner near you.
Multi tax invoice in tally erp 9?
- Here is how to to do Multi gst tax slab items in a single invoice.
- Create Customer Ledger with their gst details.
- Create Stock items with gst rate and HSN code set ( Set alter gst details :Yes) in each stock items. This is the most important part of Multi tax rate gst invoice.
- Create sales ledger for sales allocation ,Do not set/alter Gst details here .You can create multiple sales ledger for sales allocation if required. For example Sale 18% & Sales 28%.
- Create GST tax ledgers CGST& SGST For local sale transaction & IGST for inter state sale.
Enter sales voucher for GST sale multi tax slab invoice
Go to Gateway of Tally > A