Summary of Post
How to use Tally ERP 9 Guide
Let us divide the tally screen in to seven
1. Top button Panel: – This is a panel with a series of buttons,some are active and some are not These buttons are used to do functions like print, export email etc. On the right side of top button panel you will find language button to change the language of the software ,Keyboard buttons to change the typing language, Help to access Control center, Support center & access help files online.
2. Gateway of Tally: – This is the working area and display area of tally. On the right hand side there is a box with some texts it is called the menu of tally. Unlike other software tally does not have a pop down menu, context menu. Each time when you open the software the curser lies on menu screen highlighting the first option. In the above example curser highlighted on‘Select Company’.In this menu The ‘S’letter is boldface and red in color. This letter is called hot key. i.e, you need to press ‘S’ from your keyboard to select this menu. This helps you to faster moving through menus and faster data entry.
On the left side you can see
Current Period:- This shows current financial year of the company you can change the period by clicking on it or by pressing Alt+ F2
Current date: – This shows the current date that tally is in or the date of last voucher entered you can change it by pressing F2 only if a company is selected.
List of companies selected:-Just under the current date and current Period you can see the list of companies selected. On the left side Name of the company displayed and right side shows date of last voucher entered. You can select more than one company at a time. But company name, which is highlighted in bold font only remain active. You can work with only one company at time. If you want to work with next company you have to switch that company by pressing F1 from gateway or click on the Company.
How to use Tally ERP 9 Button panel
3. Right Button Panel: – This is the right button panel and the button displayed in this panel changes depends on relative screens. buttons are of three types.
- Button without under line
- Button with single under line
- Button with double underline
Why this underline? Underline helps the identification of short cut key. The idea is
A button with F12 = Press function key F12
A button with F12 = Press ALT Key + F12 Function Key together
A button with double underline says = Press Ctrl + F12
Use of Other Options In Tally ERP 9
4.Infopanel: – In this panel you can see Product details, Version detail, License detail, configuration details etc. To view these information in detail click on each panel.
5.Close Button: This panel will help you to close the tally software when you are in Gateway of Tally.Also used to come back to previous menu.
6.Calculator: At the end of the panel there is one calculator if you click on calculator will expand the area and rest of the panel will disappear. Press Ctrl+N from gateway of tally to activate calculator and press Ctrl +M go back to company information screen. These two keys combination works as toggle between calculator and gateway of tally.
5. Taskbar:-Like window task bar this bar shows Current date, Current time and menu path.
Also checkout the second part of How to use Tally
Here is a video tutorial on how to use Tally ERP 9