How to copy masters and vouchers from one company to another ?
Table of Contents
- 1 How to copy copy masters from one company to another in tally?
- 2 Copy a Single Ledger or group from one company to another in tally
- 3 Copy of Groups, Stock Category ,stock items etc.
- 4 How to copy multiple Ledgers (masters) from one company to another?
- 5 How to copy vouchers from one company to another
Last Updated on
Copying masters and vouchers from one company to another company is possible in tally. This is useful when you are running a branch company of same business. While consolidating two companies’ accounts, similar masters are very useful. This is a method without using Import & Export in Tally erp 9.
Master refers to the following
Accounts Groups, Ledgers, Inventory group, Stock items, Unit of measurement, Voucher types, Payroll groups, payroll categories etc are some of the examples of masters in tally. In short the primary elements required to enter a transaction is called masters in tally.
The methods explained here are useful when Source Company and Destination Company are in same computer. Then there is a question how this can be done if source and destination companies are in different computers? This can be done using import export features of tally. We will discuss this in the coming lessons.
How to copy copy masters from one company to another in tally?
Let’s take the example of two companies ABC LTD and XYZ
ABC LTD is the existing company and XYZ is newly created company
Now you want all the Masters copied to XYZ,
Copy a Single Ledger or group from one company to another in tally
- Load both the companies ABC LTD and XYZ
- ABC LTD should be the active company
- At the gateway you can make sure this.
We are copying a Ledger in this example
- Gateway of tally>>Accounts info>>Ledger >>Alter
- Now select the ledger you want to copy
Let’s select the ledger Ashok leyland from the list. Ledger alteration screen will appear
- At the top right corner of the screen you can see a company Button Either click on it or use shortcut key F3
- The company selection screen will appear.
- Select the destination company XYZ, Press enter, at present the active company is XYZ, You can see this at top middle of the screen
- Now the ledger alteration screen is inside the destination company XYZ. You are free to altering anything inside the ledger alteration screen.
- Continue to press “enter” button and finally accept or save the screen. or Use Shortcut Key Ctrl +A to accept the screen.
The ledger will have copied from ABC LTD to XYZ and now the active company will be ABC LTD again, to see this have a look at the top middle of the screen just like in the above image. You can continue the process to copy another ledger or group
Copy of Groups, Stock Category ,stock items etc.
To copy the stock group, category, account group, unit of measurement and other masters Follow the same procedure.
How to copy multiple Ledgers (masters) from one company to another?
By using this method we can copy many groups, ledgers at a time.
Lets Copy all the ledgers under sundry debtors
To do this Go to
Gateway of tally>>Accounts info>>Ledger >>Alter
Select Alter under Multiple groups
Select the Groups in which the ledgers exist
The rest of the things are same as above method
- Press F3 to select the destination company
- Save the screen
And save the screen. The all ledgers will have copied to the destination company XYZ.
You can copy the multiple groups by adopting the same method.
To do this
- Select Group alteration screen of Source Company
- Switch over to the destination company
- Save and save the screen.
How to copy vouchers from one company to another
To copy vouchers from one company to another, you should have copied the ledgers & stock items involved in the vouchers from the source company. as explained above.
- Now open the voucher in alteration mode.
- Press F3 to select the destination company.
- Press Ctrl +A
- The selected voucher will have copied to the destination company.