How to send email from tally erp 9
Table of Contents
Last Updated on
Tally allow users to send ledgers, Pay Slips, Outstanding Statements, Confirmation of Accounts or balance confirmation, Reminder Letters from Tally ERP 9 Software it self. It helps the business Management to access report on the go. Also useful for sending Statements without any email program.This will save a lot of time for you. You can configure Tally.ERP 9 for sending mails using popular mail services like, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo.Sending email from User defined mail server also possible. example an email of your company domain like , firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Tally.ERP 9 Does not allows you to receive emails using its interface.
How to configure email in Tally.ERP9
- Gateway of Tally > F12 Configuration>E-mailing
You will get a screen where emails are configured. In the configuration screen,first option is email server. You have to select the email service from which you are sending email. There are four option in the list.Lets configure all four options for learning purpose. Suppose your email address is’ email@example.com‘ then you have to choose Gmail from the list.or if you are using a company domain email like ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ choose user defined.
- User defined
- Yahoo Mail
Configure User defined email ( email id of your company domain)server in Tally ERP9
Here I am giving an example of my own custom domain email. email@example.com .Lets see how to configure this custom domain email in Tally.ERP9.The configuration details of this custom email id is as follows.
- E-mail server: User defined
- server address : mail.taxin.in:25 (Here 25 is the port number that should be suffixed with : symbol)
- Use SSL: No
- From : The name you want to display in senders inbox for Example ABC Ltd, or Benny- ABC Ltd.
- From Email id :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username for authentication: In most case the email id it self email@example.com
- Password: Password of your email id
- Format: There are 6 Format available.
- ASCII( Comma Delimited): This is a format of text file used in the computer and internet.The format used 7 bit binary number. For example in ASCII, Alphabet Capital Letter A represent as ‘01000001 ‘ You can learn more about ASCII here.
- Excel( Spread sheet) : Microsoft Excel file
- HTML(Web publishing) : A page like you are reading now.
- JPEG(Image): This is an image file.
- PDF(Portable Document Format) :A file format for capturing and sending electronic documents in exactly the intended format.
- XML( data interchange) : This is format define a set of rules for encoding documents in format both human readable and machine readable. usually Sending email in this format is rare.Select the Format of your choice.
- Page size: The size of document in which the mail to be sent.Available page size are A3,A4,A5,Legal,Letter and you can define your own size by selecting User defined.
- Page Orientation: Choose portrait or landscape.
- Show additional details for e-mail address: If you set”Yes” here,you will be able to use details entered in the ledger master like contact person,ledger name while sending email.
Here is the final screen shot of user defined email configuration in tally.
The below screen shot is a typical Non-SSL email server Settings
If you are using Secure SSL/TLS email server, here is a sample settings,You have to ask your email server provider for the configuration details. the server name and port number may varies depends on email servers.
The below screen shot is a typical Secure SSL/TLS email server Settings
Configure gmail mail server in Tally ERP9.
Unlike custom or user defined server it is easy to configure,Gmail. You just need to select the server name form the list of email server , the server address and name will be automatically filled. Enter your user name and password.
The below screen shot of gmail email server set up
In the same manner you can configure Yahoo email and Hotmail emails from the List.
How to email a report from Tally
Lets sent a ledger from Tally.
Go to Gateway of Tally> Dispaly>Account Book>Ledger
Select the desired Ledger for example Customer A, Select the period of report
The mailing screen will appear Press back space to move into the screen.The configured email address automatically filled in the screen.You can change this if you want to sent email from another email address using above configuration details. Press enter until you reach field To E-mail address:
Select New address and enter the To address to which you are sending email.
If you wish to add a CC ( Carbon copy) & BCC ( Blind carbon copy) add it in the next two field in the same way explained above.
Subject: Enter subject of the email for example: Account Statement from April to May
Additional Text If any: You can send some messages to the receiver using this field.
Attach File Name: Change the attachment file name if required.
Press enter you can control the information being sent to the party by enabling disabling options marked in the red below.
Press Enter and send mail, Tally Will display any further messages only if there is any error for sending mail like authentication failure.
Screen shots of email sent through Tally ERP9
If you are facing any problem sending email though Tally.ERP9. Let me know through our comment section.I will try to help you as soon as possible.