Cheque Printing Configuration in tally erp 9
Table of Contents
Last Updated on
Every business make payment VIA cheque , or online bank payments. Writing on the cheque with favoring name ,date and amount is a conventional way,Let’s move on to a professional way of cheque issuing. Today we will learn How to configure cheque printing in Tally erp 9.
Scenario : Harbour Co Ltd ,Opened a Bank account at State Bank Of India, A/c No # 220225500400 ,Bank Issued a cheque Book Of 50 Leaves bearing No Starting From 452051 to 452100. On 01-10-2018 ,Company wants issue a Cheque 452051 to Friends Kannur of Rs 150000, Prepare a printed cheque. IFSC
Configuring cheque printing in tally erp 9
Go to F11 Features> F1 Accounting Features>
- Activate the option Enable cheque printing. Under head banking features and save the screen.
- Now create a new bank ledger or you can alter existing bank ledger.
- In the bank creation/alteration screen, Enable Set cheque book option.
A new cheque book management screen will open. enter the details
- From Number: Starting number of cheque book.
- To Number: End number of cheque book.
- Number of cheques: This will calculated automatically.
- Cheque Book Name: You can put any name your cheque book for easy reference.
If you have more than one cheque book, enter the next one in the next line.
Save the screen. You will be back to ledger alteration screen. activate the option set cheque printing configuration :
- Hit enter, the printing configuration screen will appear.
There are few default configuration for all banks, here are some default cheques.
Click on list formats, on the left select your cheque and hit enter.
If your format not listed, click on user defined and Hit enter key. The configuration screen will appear.
- You should have a centimeter scale, to take the dimension of cheque. Here you will be asked for cheques width, height, The distance from left and right each field to be printed.
Here is the sample measurement of cheques , all dimensions are in millimeters
And its application in cheque printing configuration screens.
- Now save the screen. You can view sample cheque printing preview.
- Enter the party payment with cheque details in Bank allocation screen. Press F12 configure When you are at bank allocation screen.
After saving the voucher , the cheque printing dialogue box appear .
Insert a cheque in your printer and hit enter to print the chque.
If you want to print already saved voucher, go to
Gateway of Tally>Banking>Cheque Printing
List of bank’s ledger will display, open your bank in which payments are entered for cheque printing.
The list of cheque printing pending vouchers will appear.If you want to print multiple cheques, select all that are to be printed by pressing space bar.
Click on print button, The cheques will be printed one after another.