Earlier in our lesson we have created Price list creation in tally erp 9. In this session you will learn how to edit price list in tally. To edit multiple price list you have to go to.
Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Price List > Stock Groups
To alter a price list
- Select the stock group under which your existing price list falls.
- Price Level: Select the price list you want to edit.
Press enter, the price list will displayed.
- You can make following changes in the price list.
- Adding new item and price to the price list. Editing the existing price list rate and discount.
Bulk Editing of Rate & discount in a price list .
It is very difficult to edit all items individually if your price list is having large number of price range and stock items. In such case you can edit price list by a certain percentage or with a certain sum of amount. For example.
Bulk Edit of price list based on amount
- Reduce Rate by a certain sum of amount – if you want to reduce 500 from all items, you can do it with option Revise price.
- Increase Rate by a certain sum of amount – if you want to Increase 500 from all items, you can do it with option Revise price.
Bulk Edit of price list based on percentage
- Reduce Rate by a certain sum of percentage -If you want to reduce a percentage from all discounts, you can do it with option Revise price.
- Increase Rate by a certain sum of percentage -If you want to Increase a percentage from all discounts, you can do it with option Revise price.
- Reduce discount by a certain percentage : If you want to reduce the discount by a certain percentage
- Increase discount by a certain percentage : If you want to increase the discount by a certain percentage.
Lets Edit the aboce price list by reducing 500 from all items
Click on Revise Price button or use short cut key Alt+R
Locate revise price option and select decrease by amount and enter amount 500
Press enter,The revise price list updated message will displayed.The all item rate will have decrease by 500 as shown in the image below.
In the same way you can increase the rate and discount by amount.
Lets increase the discount by 10 % using revise price option
The result will be as follows,Its not the % on existing percentage but the number entered will be added to the existing discount.
Also read: How to assign price list to a customer?