Table of Contents
Many prospective customers asks for quotations for a specific work to be done or to buy a specific product. In businesses it is common that submitting a sales quote to the buyers. A quote can help a customer to compare the price and quality of material they are supplying among various suppliers and can help to buy the products or services that fit in his/her budget and imagination.
Tally allow us to prepare sales quote using sales order voucher.As you know sales order will not reflect in books of accounts.So preparing a quotation also will not have any affects in books.
Example : Lakshya Marketing requested us a quotation for 10 No CCTV SONY. Lets make a quotation for this request.
Step 1: Activate sales order processing.
To create a quote ,we need sales order voucher, to activate sales order go to.
F11 Features>F2 Inventory Features
Save the feature screen.
Step 2 Create a sales order voucher type
Now we can create special voucher type for entering quotations. To create voucher type go to
Gateway of Tally>Accounts Info>Voucher Types>Create
- Give name of your choice for example Sales Quotes
- Type of voucher = Sales order
- Select automatic or manual voucher numbering
- Use advance configuration for a stylish Quotation numbering if required
- Make this voucher type as optional by default: Yes
Accept the screen
Step 3 Create voucher using sales quote voucher type
The next step is creating a voucher using this voucher type there are three ways to access this voucher.
- Gateway of Tally>Order Vouchers>Sales order( Alt+ F5)
- Gateway of tally>Accounting Vouchers>Order vouchers ( Ctrl+F2)>Sales Order ( Alt+ f5)
- Gateway of tally>Inventory Vouchers>Order vouchers ( Ctrl+F2)>Sales Order ( Alt+ f5)
Enter the quotation details as shown in the below image
Save the voucher